Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Michele's Tots

I recently found this website www.christianity.com.
And I thank God that this website was found.
It offers so much information and cleared my doubts.
Really, it's a great website.
Both for christians and non-christians who want to know about christianity and the religion.
And I came across this little passage, under the topic: What is a Christian?
Written by I-don't-know-who.Sorry.
But what really touched me was this letter written by a guy named Cody to the writer.
Here;s what it says:
1-11-07

Mr. Pritchard,

My name is Cody. I'm currently in jail in Arizona. The last few years of my life have been very hard for me. I have been lost in addiction to methamphetamines and lost in a life of crime and sin. I recently picked up the Bible and have been trying to find my way to Christ. I'm 19 years old and really want to change my life. I believe the only way I will be successful is through my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I just (about ten minutes ago) finished reading An Anchor for the Soul. It was a very good book and answered a lot of my questions regarding Christ and how to go about accepting him into my heart. 

Before I picked up the Bible, I always wondered if I was "good enough" to go to heaven. Now I know that I am not. But thanks to God giving his one-and-only Son for my sins, I will go to heaven. I know this now, and I trust Christ will lead me there. I am no longer afraid of death because I know the Father will accept me.

Thank you and God bless!


Sincerely,
Cody

Really really inspiring and thought-provoking.
I nearly cried after reading it.
And I feel happy for that person.
It's like I wana go all over and give a big big hug right now.
I suddenly felt like I wanna go and talk to people like him.;D
People who are lost and hurt.
People who are aimless and tired of the worldly life they live in.
 I feel for these people.
But, I'm gonna commit all these into God's hand.
He's gonna do whatever He finds neccessary.
Right now, I'm gonna just focus on my study.

Sometimes though, I do wonder.
What is the purpose of my reading law??
Is it really to just get a degree, pass the CLP, earn money and grow up??
Then later marry, live a perfectly normal live and die??
Then what is the purpose of life??
I don't want to that.
I want to live my life knowing that I lived well as in I served my purpose on earth.
But what is it??what will I be doing in future??
I don't know.So far He has not reveal anything relevant to me yet.
All I get is short short liltle things.And I forgot all of them already.
The only one I remembered was that when I was in form 4,
this pastor and wife came.And one sentence she told me:
You are goingna be an example to other young people.
Then in form 5, I was the KM.
But I don't think that is the fullfillment of it.
Or rather, I don't wanna just stop there.
I know I'm still not good enough and I wana continue to grow and be much much better than I already am.
Then only I want that statement to come true.When I am good enough to be one.
Because right now, I'm still a work of clay with much dents and bents.
It's not there yet.I'm not gonna say I've been a good exmaple to other young people.
Whatever is it,I'm gonna leave it all to God.
May His will be done.

And here, something that all of you can read.


What is a Christian??

1) It begins with God and his choice of us.
2) It requires the true preaching of the gospel.
3) It leads to a heart-felt acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior.
4) It results in a changed life that changes other lives.
5) It means that we go "all in" on Jesus. 

It starts with God.
It is based on truth of who Jesus really is.
It changes everything about my life.
It's not enough to be Baptist or Methodist or Lutheran or Catholic.
It's not enough to be American or Chinese or Greek or any other nationality.
It's not enough to be religious.
It's not enough to go to church.


Some interesting facts to consider:
1) The name "Christian" was not invented by early Christians. It was a name given to them by others.
2) Christians called themselves by different names—disciples, believers, brethren, saints, the elect, etc.
3) The term apparently had a negative meaning in the beginning: "those belonging to the Christ party."
4) It was a term of contempt or derision.
5) We can get a flavor for it if we take the word "Christ" and keep that pronunciation. You "Christ-ians."
 
6) It literally means "Christ-followers."
 
7) Over time a derogatory term became a positive designation.
 
8) Occasionally you will hear someone spit the term out in the same way it was used in the beginning. "You Christians think you're the only ones going to heaven."
9) There was a sense of suffering and reproach attached to the word in the New Testament.

Adapted from here.
























No comments: